EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 30, 2020
It is important for you to understand the information we collect about you during your visit to the websites and in your offline communications with Love Your Teeth®.
CHANGES TO THE POLICY
We collect information about you when you provide information during purchases of goods and services from Love Your Teeth® when you make requests of us, and when you register to receive materials. The categories of information collected in these instances may include your name, contact information, purchase and account history, and payment information.
In some instances, you can submit personally identifiable information about other people. For example, if you order a gift for shipment to someone else either on one of the websites or offline, you may need to provide the recipient’s information to deliver the gift.
In addition to collecting such information online, we also collect it during non-online communications and interactions between you and Love Your Teeth® including when you make inquiries or place orders by telephone, text, or by mail. When you call or text Love Your Teeth®, we automatically collect the telephone number you used to reach us.
We may also collect information about you when you visit Love Your Teeth® websites and place items in your shopping basket, but do not complete a purchase of such items. We may combine information concerning the items in your shopping basket with information you provide to us during purchases of goods and services from Love Your Teeth® or inquiries made by you, whether online, by telephone or text, or by mail.
We may also obtain information from third parties, such as address verification services or providers of marketing data and databases, and may combine this information with other personal information we have collected. We use this information to improve our services and products, and to improve the effectiveness of marketing efforts undertaken by us or on our behalf.
We may also collect information about you concerning your use of the websites, such as information regarding which of our pages are most popular, your IP address, browser, city, time zone, referring URL, and operating system. This information may be used in aggregate form for internal business purposes, such as compiling statistics, customizing content, and designing our websites. This information may be collected using cookies, pixel tags, or similar technology. We also use third-party service providers to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. These third-party service providers may collect anonymous information about your visits to our website, and your visits to other websites over time in order to more accurately target relevant advertisements. For example, if you view a product on our website, and then later navigate to a different website, you may be shown an advertisement for the product you had previously viewed. This type of behavioral advertising is common across the internet. To learn more about behavioral advertising, including the choices you have to opt-out of this type of advertising, click HERE
Cookies are a browser feature that assigns unique identification to your browser or mobile device. Cookies may be placed by Love Your Teeth® or by third parties when you visit our websites. Cookies are typically stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device and are used by our website to personalize your shopping experience and remember preferences from previous visits.
NO INFORMATION COLLECTION FROM MINORS
Our websites are intended for adults. If you are under 18 years of age, please do not submit any personal information through our websites. If the parent or guardian of a minor believes that the minor has provided us with personally identifiable information, the parent or guardian of that minor should contact us at email@example.com to have this information deleted from our files so that it is not in retrievable form. If we otherwise obtain information that we have personally identifiable information about a child under the age of 18 in retrievable form in our files, we will delete that information from our files so that it is not retrievable.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may use the information provided by you, or collected from you, as described in this policy for any lawful business purpose, including, but not limited to, marketing to you by email, telephone, text, or mail, and the customization of our marketing messages to you.
We may share non-personally identifiable information with third parties including our service providers, affiliates, licensees and partners.
We may disclose personally identifiable information to third parties to enforce our policies, or to protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We may also share your personal information with the following: Other websites owned by Love Your Teeth® and other companies in the Love Your Teeth® Corporate Family for business purposes such as to provide joint content and services (including but not limited to transactions and customer support), to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to provide you with information about products and services available at these other websites.
Carefully selected vendors, business partners and other organizations whose products or services we think may interest you (our “Affiliates”).
Law enforcement agencies, governmental officials or other third parties in response to a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, or if we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss; to report suspected illegal activity; or to protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety.
Other third parties when you explicitly ask us or provide your consent to send your information to such third parties.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
You may opt out of receiving marketing emails or newsletters from Love Your Teeth® or its Affiliates by following the instructions in those emails. You may also opt out of receiving marketing emails or newsletters from Love Your Teeth® by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to no longer receive emails from one of our Affiliates, you should contact that Affiliate. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your purchases, account or our ongoing business relations. If you wish to make changes to your personally identifiable information that we collect, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone at (800) 680-7047. California residents may have additional data rights, which are described below.
You can correct factual errors in information we may have collected offline, such as by telephone, by sending us a request. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
Our website is not configured to recognize a browser’s “Do Not Track” setting, however, if you would like to opt-out of behavioral advertising, you may do so by clicking [HERE]
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) provides you with certain rights regarding your personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and how to exercise them.
- You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and verify your request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you. Our business or commercial purpose for collecting any personal information.
- The purposes for which the categories of personal information we collected will be used.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information.
- If we disclosed your personal information for a business purpose; and, if so, any categories of personal information that were disclosed, and the categories of any third parties to whom personal information was disclosed. Please note that we do not sell your Personal Information.
- You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and verify your request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
- We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our agreement with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act.
- Enable internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
To exercise the rights described above, please submit a verifiable request to us by calling us at +1 888-771-1499 or by clicking on the following link: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only you or a person that you authorize to act on your behalf may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. However, you may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may make a verifiable consumer request up to two times within a 12-month period, without charge. Unfortunately, we cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm that the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
We try to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension time period (up to 90 days). Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding receipt. The response we provide will also explain any reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
We may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time.••